|Josephine Peak Fire Road - La Canada Trailhead - Tuesday, July 22, 2014|
|Josephine Peak Fire Road - La Canada - Los Angeles County|
From the 210 freeway in La Canada, exit north on Angelus Crest Highway and follow it for roughly 11 miles to the Clear Creek Junction (where Angelus Forest Highway forks left to Palmdale). Park at the Ranger Station or in the dirt formed by the Y of the intersection. The fire road begins on the northwest arm of the Y, marked by an iron gate. The fire road climbs steadily for 2.5 miles to the saddle between Josephine and Strawberry Peak. As scruffy and brushy as the place first appears, it's actually a pleasant if tiring ride. A single track leads right toward Strawberry but you'll stick to the fire road that climbs to the left up the shaded, north side of Josephine--a nice woodsy feel. After 4 miles and 1900-2000' of climbing, you'll hit the top. Dismount and hike the 30 yards to the top. The site of a former lookout, the views are great, especially on a clear day--Downtown, Century City and the mighty Pacific. Not bad. A decent workout for those who don't want to schlep too far into the Angelus. Non-technical but too much of a grunt for softies. Thomas Guide page 505
GPS: Latitude: Longitude: Elevation:
|Click on one of the tabs above or icons below to get all the details about this trailhead.|
Trailhead Updates, Conditions & Notes
- Here you will find out all about this trailhead. trail conditions, trail updates, trail messageboard.
Trailhead Routes & Trails
- Here we list direction of the local trails and routes you will find at this trailhead. If you don't see your route listed, select this then click add a trail and give us all the details.
All the Dirt Stories
- Have a story about this trail, click here and give us all the details. Tell us all about it and even add your photos, we make it easy. Add pics to the Trail Photo Album, then use them in your story.
Trailhead Photo Album
- Here is a Photo Album for this Trailhead. If you have pictures of this trail, click here to add as many as you want.
- Click here to return to the Trailhead Listing.